- About Briggs
- Customer Support
- Trade / Professional
My Vacuity runs constantly, I have to jiggle the handle to get it to stop.
Before You Begin:
Before you begin you may wish to have the following tools handy:
- Mild soap solution
- Turn off water at the floor supply valve. (See figure 1.0)
- Flush the toilet to remove the water from the tank.
- Remove the vacuum jug. (See figure 1.1)
- Detach the chain from the handle lever (see figure 1.2) and detach the flapper from the arms (see figure 1.3)
- Place the flapper in hot water (not boiling) for approximately 15 minutes.
- Using a mild soap solution, clean the plastic seating surface upon which the flapper was resting. (See figure 1.4) When finished the surface should be smooth to the touch.
- Remove the flapper from the water.
- Place the flapper (while hot) back on to the seating surface. Be sure to allow 1/4" of slack in the chain between the handle and the flapper.
- Replace the vacuum jug.
- Turn on the water. When the cold water contacts the hot flapper, it should form itself to the seating surface and provide for a satisfactory seal.
Click the images below for bigger versions:
Quick Fix Code: FW20004