- About Briggs
- Customer Support
- Trade / Professional
I think the trapway is partially blocked, what should I do? Snake it?
Before You Begin:
The design of the Vacuity bowl is such that you can snake the bowl but must do so in two steps. Before you begin you may wish to have the following tools handy:
- To snake the front part of the trapway insert the snake into the bowl-you will only be able to insert the snake part way. (See figure 1.0)
- As soon as you feel resistance remove the snake; otherwise you risk it becoming lodged and you may end up breaking the toilet to retrieve it.
- To snake the back part of the trapway you must first remove the tank lid.
- Remove the plastic vacuum jug. (See figure 1.1)
- Insert the snake into the vacuum tube. (See figure 1.2)
- Once you are finished snaking the back part, replace the vacuum jug and tank lid.
- Flush to test.
Click the images below for bigger versions:
Quick Fix Code: FW20008